The WWU Equestrian Team would like to give a huge congratulations to our president: Whitney Fleming, and senior member: Hanifah McGovern for qualifying for IHSA Nationals (May 2 and 3). Whitney is representing Region 4 in the Cacchione Cup. Hanifah is competing in the practicum portion of the Theresa L. McDonald IHSA Scholarship Challenge. They have both worked very hard and devoted a lot of their time to our team, and we all really appreciate everything you have done this year and in years past! Good luck ladies!
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- We have two clinics coming up. The Vaulting Clinic and Crossover Clinic
- The Vaulting Clinic is tentatively set for early June. We'll have more information as it comes closer.
- Crossover Clinic will be where you can try the other discipline. So, if you are a Western rider, you CAN NOT ride Western and same goes for English. If you do both disciplines, you can choose one over the other. We are planning on having this on May 16th.
- There will be Spring Cleaning events at both Kim and Rachel's barns. Please do your both to attend both days despite if you are an English or Western rider.
- There is an ANT volunteering date this weekend "The Blessing of the Animals."
- May 9th ANT will open their facility to families in local shelters where they can interact with small animals and ride horses. Lunch will be provided.
- If you are interested in volunteering with Day Camps over the summer, training days are June 24 & 25 with camps beginning June 29. Please be willing to make a two-week commitment. They also have several internships available.
- Every volunteer event you go to will get you one raffle ticket. A winner will be drawn at the end of this quarter.
- Due to an error on the company's end, some gear is back ordered. We get it to you ASAP.
Videos & Pictures
- If you have any videos or pictures of the team, please send them to Whitney for the end of the year video.
- We are now on Instagram! Follow us @wwuequestrians
- If you are graduating Spring 2015, Fall 2015, or Winter 2016 please let the officer board know.
- The party will be May 30 (the weekend before dead week).