The Western Washington University Equestrian Team is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association, Zone 8, Region 4. We compete with other schools throughout Washington, Oregon and British Columbia both individually and as a team in Hunt Seat Equitation and Western Equitation. Our riders range in skill level from beginning walk-trot to open over fences and reining. We practice at the Westby Equine Center in Lynden, WA.
Friday, June 5, 2015
Well, we made it one more year! Thank you to every one who was involved in making this year a success. Thank you to to all of our team members who worked very hard this year. We sent six riders to regionals, Keelin Balzaretti, Emily Wollebek, Jill Schwisow, Sophia Camaya, Whitney Fleming and Ashley Greyell. Four of those riders moved on to Zones and Semi Finals. We want to extend a special congratulations to Whiney Fleming, Jill Schwisow, and Hanifah McGovern who all qualified and went to nationals. Hanifah placed 5th overall in the practicum portion of the Theresa L. McDonald IHSA Scholarship Challenge with a $500 check! We were also proud to have Whitney representing Region 4 in the Chaccione Cup. We also want to extend a special thanks to our coaches! We appreciate all you do!
We hope everyone has a great summer! Keep riding!
Sunday, April 19, 2015
The WWU Equestrian Team would like to give a huge congratulations to our president: Whitney Fleming, and senior member: Hanifah McGovern for qualifying for IHSA Nationals (May 2 and 3). Whitney is representing Region 4 in the Cacchione Cup. Hanifah is competing in the practicum portion of the Theresa L. McDonald IHSA Scholarship Challenge. They have both worked very hard and devoted a lot of their time to our team, and we all really appreciate everything you have done this year and in years past! Good luck ladies!
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- We have two clinics coming up. The Vaulting Clinic and Crossover Clinic
- The Vaulting Clinic is tentatively set for early June. We'll have more information as it comes closer.
- Crossover Clinic will be where you can try the other discipline. So, if you are a Western rider, you CAN NOT ride Western and same goes for English. If you do both disciplines, you can choose one over the other. We are planning on having this on May 16th.
- There will be Spring Cleaning events at both Kim and Rachel's barns. Please do your both to attend both days despite if you are an English or Western rider.
- There is an ANT volunteering date this weekend "The Blessing of the Animals."
- May 9th ANT will open their facility to families in local shelters where they can interact with small animals and ride horses. Lunch will be provided.
- If you are interested in volunteering with Day Camps over the summer, training days are June 24 & 25 with camps beginning June 29. Please be willing to make a two-week commitment. They also have several internships available.
- Every volunteer event you go to will get you one raffle ticket. A winner will be drawn at the end of this quarter.
- Due to an error on the company's end, some gear is back ordered. We get it to you ASAP.
Videos & Pictures
- If you have any videos or pictures of the team, please send them to Whitney for the end of the year video.
- We are now on Instagram! Follow us @wwuequestrians
- If you are graduating Spring 2015, Fall 2015, or Winter 2016 please let the officer board know.
- The party will be May 30 (the weekend before dead week).
Sunday, March 8, 2015
Thursday, March 5, 2015
If you are volunteering this weekend, please meet in the C-Lots at 8:30 a.m. We'll be mostly decorating.
Emily's car: (Jenny may be driving)